Five unique coins celebrating the Great Lakes!
The Great Lakes are the world’s largest system of fresh surface water. Its five lakes— Superior, Huron, Michigan, Erie and Ontario—are visible from the moon and hold about 20% of the world’s freshwater supply. They were carved out and filled by prehistoric glaciers, and cover more than 243,000 km2 (93,823 sq mi). This is one of the most biologically diverse regions in Canada with more than 150 fish and 50 plant species, some of which are not found anywhere else on earth.
• The first coin in your 5-coin subscription features the beautiful Lake Superior.
• Subscription runs 2013 to 2015: one coin in 2013, three coins in 2014 and one coin in 2015. The remaining four coins include:
• March 2014: Lake Ontario
• June 2014: Lake Erie
• October 2014: Lake Michigan
• February 2015: Lake Huron
• Receive a beautiful collector case with your subscription, included with your second coin: Lake Ontario.
• First time ever! Your coins are crafted with raised land against a translucent enamel filled lake.